You guys are awesome. You know why? Because whenever I ask for beta readers, you volunteer.
Beta readers are so important to writers, especially indie authors like me! As my audience, you help me hone my skills and figure out what works in a story (and what doesn’t.) Without you, I wouldn’t be able to publish my stuff.
And that’s why, instead of asking for beta readers all the time, I’m now creating a permanent beta reader list for my works! It’s a lot simpler than it sounds. Here’s what’ll happen when you’re on the list:
- Whenever I get to the penultimate draft of a book (or occasional short story), I’ll send out an email to my list of beta readers.
- My email will tell you everything about the book to make sure it’s something you want to read. I’ll also give you the length to make sure you have time to read it in a specified time frame, usually about a month.
- If you want to beta read the book, reply to the email to let me know you’re in! If you’re not interested or don’t have time, no worries! There’s absolutely no minimum commitment and you can beta read as many or as few books as you want.
Sound good? I think so, too! As a beta reader myself, I can tell you firsthand that it’s an awesome experience. You get to help authors and read free books at the same time. It doesn’t get any better than that, and you don’t even need any prior beta reading experience to join! All readers all welcome.
But just in case you’re still wondering what the benefits of being one of my beta readers is, here are just a few:
- Read FREE books! Seriously. Free! Books!
- Influence the content of published books
- Hone your beta reading skills in a no-risk environment (beta reading is something you can get paid to do, and this is great experience!)
- See your name in a published book as a “thank you!” shoutout
- Be one of the first people to read my stories—before they’re published!
So, if you want to read free books and be a huge help to my writing career at the same time, email me at ejrobisonauthor.com with the subject “beta reader” and let me know you want to be on the list. If you’re not convinced yet, just wait until Friday when I announce all my upcoming projects this year! I hope you want to be a part of making them amazing. The first call for beta readers will be coming this month, so don’t wait to contact me!
And don’t forget: you can also get a free book by participating in this week’s giveaway! All you have to do is leave a comment. With so few entries so far, you’re pretty much guaranteed a free book at this point.
I look forward to hearing from you, beta readers!
If you enjoyed this post, I hope you’ll consider donating to the blog, reading my stories on Vocal, and/or taking a look at my RedBubble shop so I can continue to produce free content!
Want to delve even further into the writing world? Subscribe to my monthly newsletter to get a FREE storytelling guidebook right off the bat, plus insider looks into my upcoming works, writing memes, book recs, and much more!
Photo by Christin Hume on Unsplash
Current Donation Goal: Standing Desk! $30/$150
Choose a donation amount
Or enter a custom amount
When you write as much as I do, you have to take frequent breaks from sitting. A standing desk (not a whole desk, but a mini desk that will sit on top of my current desk with my laptop, keyboard, and mouse and extend upward) will allow me to continue working while maintaining that good blood flow to my brain. Thank you so much for your support that allows me to keep producing free content. God bless you! ♥️ E.J.Donate
3 thoughts on “The Super Official and Awesome Beta Reader List: New Year Spectacular Part 3!”
Pingback: Announcing My 2023 Writing Projects: New Year Spectacular Finale! | E.J. Robison
Pingback: 2 Quick Cheats That Instantly Fix a Scene | E.J. Robison
Pingback: Flow | E.J. Robison