Happy Tuesday, everyone! I’m here at the start of a new series of posts I will be making at the beginning of every week (usually on a Monday, but I wasn’t able to get this out yesterday). These will just be brief updates about what I’m working on during the week, including some writing and/or freelancing tips.
I get so many questions about what it’s like being a freelance writer, so this is my way of showing you what I do and opening up the door for questions! If you want to know more about something I’m writing, go ahead and ask! Got a question about what it’s like being a freelancer? Go for it!
Works in Progress
- Continuing my specific second draft edits on Project Pea, my fantasy/sci-fi YA novel. I have a big to-do list, but I’m whittling it down little by little! At this point, I am solidifying the story and ensuring that all of the characters are really solid.
- Writing Episode 11 of my ongoing fantasy story The Dragon’s Den. I just reached a huge climax in the story and am now beginning with a new setting and tone.
- Taking part in an AI-assisted writing study.
- Working on the script for my episode in The Peculiar Adventures of Doctor Who.
- Applying for writing and editing jobs! I’ve been tweaking my resume with more recent work that I’ve done.
Don’t let people the people you work for take your personal time away from you. You can avoid this by setting clear expectations from the beginning. Just because you’re a freelancer doesn’t mean you’re available 24/7, but a lot of people who hire freelancers don’t realise that!
A new kind of chameleon was discovered this year and is thought to be the smallest reptile on Earth! This little guy is only 28.9 mm and lives in Madagascar.
Have a great week everyone, and happy writing!